Re: 2.0.33: 21140 and Oversized Ethernet frame

Doug Ledford (dledford@dialnet.net)
Thu, 18 Dec 1997 18:15:37 -0600 (CST)

On 18-Dec-97 Dave Wreski wrote:

>> > eth0: Oversized Ethernet frame spanned multiple buffers, status
>7fffceff!
>> > eth0: Oversized Ethernet frame spanned multiple buffers, status
>061f81a2!
>>
>> two things.
>>
>> 1) upgrade tulip.c (get it from cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov) current beta is
>86I
>> but the beta is plenty good for production.
>
>I was already aware of the updated tulip driver. I'd like to follow the
>LMP guys, and their advise as to what is stable, yet works properly. I'd
>be happy to beat on these cards with the new driver, and provide results
>if necessary..

I was aware of this problem in older versions of tulip.c (say around 2.0.30
or so) but wasn't aware of this happening under the version in 2.0.33. As a
matter of fact, I recently rebooted a machine using the same version of this
driver on an older SMC Etherpower 10/100 card and it had passed some 1.9
billion packets without a single one of these messages. Could you get some
more info about the card in use and how often you see this message?

E-Mail: Doug Ledford <dledford@dialnet.net>
Date: 18-Dec-97
Time: 18:15:38