RE: linux-2.0.33 problem?

Dave Wreski (dave@nic.com)
Thu, 18 Dec 1997 09:47:42 -0500 (EST)

On 18-Dec-97 ketil@infotek.no wrote:

> Just a teeny weeny nit to pick - if I mount a CD, umount and eject it,
> and then insert a new one, mounting it will fail. If I do cat
> /dev/cdrom > /dev/null, interrupt, I can then mount successfully.
>
> The cat gives me a Disk change detected message, btw.
>
> Don't know if this is the behaviour with other kernels as well. The CD
> is SCSI on an Adaptec AHA2940 (2490?) - the AIC7xxx-driver anyway.

No, its not specific to the 2940. It happens as well on my 1522.

Also, when trying to mount a CDROM that I burned, I got a zero-length file on
the mount point, instead of the directory with the CDROM contents inside of it.

Unmounting and mounting again worked.

Also, can I point out again that my jaz now no longer says

mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/cdrom,
or too many mounted file systems

Yet my CDROM drive does. This was a great fix for my jaz, hopefully we can do
it for CDROMs as well.

This problem doesn't occur if I run mount while the CDROM drive drawer is open,
and let the mount command close the drawer.

Dave