2.1.72 /proc, was: Re: /proc/memmap [name from inode?]

Chris Evans (chris@ferret.lmh.ox.ac.uk)
Thu, 18 Dec 1997 11:38:05 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 17 Dec 1997, Pavel Machek wrote:

> But they are doing lookup of name from dentry. I *think* that you can
> *not* get name from inode - inode may have 0, 1, 2, 3, ... names!
> (Think of deleted files - 0 names. Think of hardlinks - many names).

The generic pointer of a proc inode is a pointer to a proc_dir_entry. Is
this what youi're after?

Oh, here's something you can do to a 2.1.72 kernel, that's fairly nasty:
(as root):

rm -f /proc/net/arp

I'm currently messing with the /proc code, so might sort it out.

Chris