Re: DOSEMU + New signals

Hans Lermen (lermen@elserv.ffm.fgan.de)
Tue, 16 Dec 1997 00:03:52 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 15 Dec 1997, linux kernel account wrote:

> Has anyone come up with a patch for dosemu (0.67.16) so that it can be
> compiled with the new (2.1.7x) signal code? ^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^
It did not _compile_? This for sure has nothing to do with 2.1.72.
As I understand the new signal stuff it is transparent to user space,
so it normally should not break DOSEMU. ... and it doesn't
I just compiled both, 0.66.7 and 0.67.16, without any problems.
( and yes, I _had_ the right link into the 2.1.72 header files ;-)

BTW: Both DOSEMU version run fine on 2.1.72, as far as I can tell, though
I didn't try too much (sorry Bill, not yet trusting the VFAT stuff;-)
Anyway, till now it neither did crash, nor did it corrupt my VFAT FS.

However, if you are using glibc, then it maybe that DOSEMU fails to
compile, because we came not yet behind the recent chances. But this
should happen on 2.0.x too.

Hans
<lermen@fgan.de>