Re: Conditional SymLinks

Rik van Riel (H.H.vanRiel@fys.ruu.nl)
Fri, 12 Dec 1997 13:22:45 +0100 (MET)

On Fri, 12 Dec 1997, Martin von Loewis wrote:

> > I've seen this _many_ years ago in a BSD 4.2 (4.3?) implementation
> > from Sony (NewsOS 3.x and 4.x) on their MIPS R3000 workstations.
> > it was a nice feature and I really would like to see this in Linux too
> > (but don't ask me how this should be done;)
>
> I think there should be a per-process kernel environment. You would
> set this as

VSTa has all of this implemented. If root mounts a filesystem,
the other users don't even see this by default :)
Since VSTa is GPL too, it might be a good idea to perform some
'code-exchange' -- both ways that it!

Rik.
| For Linux mm-patches, go to | "I'm busy managing memory.." |
| my homepage (via LinuxHQ). | H.H.vanRiel@fys.ruu.nl |
| ...submissions welcome... | http://www.fys.ruu.nl/~riel/ |