Re: (Offtopic) Re: humble apology for spam

Jauder Ho (jauderho@transmeta.com)
Thu, 11 Dec 1997 00:05:04 -0800 (PST)

try spamcan which is a patch to sendmail to filter spam via regexs
instead.

http://consult.ml.org/

--jauder

On Wed, 10 Dec 1997, Just this guy you know wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Dec 1997, Jon Beck wrote:
>
> > On the "http://www-flash.stanford.edu/~bergmann/bookmarks.html" page
> > there is a link that's title is:
> >
> > "linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu by thread "
> >
> > Which is why it sent to an email list, which obviously upset you
> > guys.
> >
> > You know you can exclude submissions from users who aren't on
> > the list...
> >

> Or set up spam filters. Easily done with ipfwadm if you do your own mail
> handling, or I've run into a few sites out there that offer procmail
> rulesets to catch and dispose of spam (Potentially autoreplying with a
> nastygram at the same time.)
>
> I've found that adding the entire agis.net domain blocks to my IP filters
> has cut my spam noise level by about 90%. A couple of other domains out
> there that consistently relay spam or that don't belong to Agis but who
> still spam brings my spam level down to a comfortable 1 or 2 a month.
>
> See ftp://ftp.greyfox.org/pub/security/filtspam for my script that does
> this. If someone has suggestions on how to reduce the large number of
> class C's I'm feeding it into address ranges based on subnet masks, I'd be
> much obliged.
>
> --
>
> Bruce Ide
> greyfox@greyfox.org http://www.greyfox.org

HANDLE WITH EXTREME CARE: This Message Contains Minute Electrically
Charged Particles Moving at Velocities in Excess of Five Hundred Million
Miles Per Hour.