Re: Is that a kernel bug?

Richard Henderson (rth@dot.cygnus.com)
Sat, 22 Nov 1997 16:47:33 -0800

On Sat, Nov 22, 1997 at 02:16:06PM -0800, H.J. Lu wrote:
> How does it work? If the kernel maps an ELF file by its e_type value,
> where will the ld.so be mapped to if we make it ET_EXEC?

Wherever the program header loads it. Thus you must use a link map.

Which is needed anyway, since you want to get rid of .interp so that it
does not try to load another interpreter when you invoke it directly.
Do this by including *(.interp) in .rodata or something, because you
can't just get rid of it completely, being a linker-generated section.

r~