Re: 2.0.32 Oopses in ppp

Jon Lewis (jlewis@inorganic5.fdt.net)
Sat, 22 Nov 1997 02:02:37 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 21 Nov 1997, Daniel Ryde wrote:

> Here is two opses that I found in the logs on two separate machines
> running kernel 2.0.32. These machines mostly run pppd. The opses did not
> freeze the machines, but they were probably swapping due to the kernel
> memory leak I've reported many times now. I can't find any way of
> reproducing these opses.

Can you post more info about this system. i.e. what does "mostly run
pppd" mean? Are these terminal server type systems, or a workstation that
runs pppd? What version pppd are you using? What sort of async ports is
pppd talking over? What's the kernel config?

Jon Lewis <jlewis@fdt.net> | Unsolicited commercial e-mail will
Network Administrator | be proof-read for $199/message.
Florida Digital Turnpike |