Re: patch for 2.1.65 smbfs

Bill Hawes (whawes@star.net)
Fri, 21 Nov 1997 10:41:02 -0500

Steve Clark wrote:

> I am still getting the ERRDOS=50 messages with both Win95 and WFW 3.11.

> ... trying to save to an existing file on WFW 3.11 with vi from my
> linux system.
> Nov 19 16:09:55 pc-sec kernel: smb_errno: class ERRDOS, code 50 from
> command 9
> Nov 19 16:10:28 pc-sec kernel: smb_errno: class ERRDOS, code 50 from
> command 9
>
> ... trying to save to an existing file on Win95 with vi from my linux
> system.
> Nov 19 16:11:11 pc-sec kernel: smb_errno: class ERRDOS, code 50 from
> command 32

Good, I think we're making progress here. Command 0x9 is the set_attr
call, and the command 0x32 in Win 95 is probably the trans2 equivalent.
I've looked over the code for handling these commands, and there do seem
to be some minor problems that might trigger an error.

I'm reviewing the CIFS docs now and will look over the 2.0.xx equivalent
code as well, and will have a new patch for you shortly.

Regards,
Bill