Re: Linux Stability & cold.system

Koree A. Smith (koree@accessus.net)
Fri, 21 Nov 1997 09:14:08 -0600 (CST)

I've been looking for a way to get involved in the Linux kernel development,
but I'm not what I would call a systems programmer. I'm quite affluent in C,
but not at all really familiar with Kernel Internals. If ya guys could help
point me in the right direction, that'd be GREAT! I'd love to work on the
generic filesystem testing. Thanks!

Koree

On Thu, 20 Nov 1997, Bill Hawes wrote:

> tytso@mit.edu wrote:
> > I agree that a good test suite for testing generic filesystem
> > implementation is sorely needed. Anyone looking for a good project
> > which doesn't require much in the way of kernel internals? It would be
> > great way to get someone who's interested in getting more deeply
> > involved with the kernel started....
>
> I'd like to second Ted's call for a good fs test suite. This would help
> greatly in eliminating obscure fs bugs, and would guard against
> accidental breakage when things are changed in the kernel. We really
> need a more formalized set of testing procedures, and running an
> expanding set of test suites would be a good start.
>
> This would be an excellent project for someone looking for a way to help
> improve the kernel.
>
> Regards,
> Bill

Koree A. Smith