Re: Select 2.1.65

Dean Gaudet (dgaudet-list-linux-kernel@arctic.org)
Tue, 18 Nov 1997 00:36:10 -0800 (PST)

The full story is that libc-5.3, 5.4, and glibc all relied on the old
linux behaviour. In particular visit res_send.c in the source, search for
EINTR, and imagine what happens if a repeating alarm() goes off faster
than the select() timeout. It goes into an infinite loop. rpc.mountd has
a race condition that can tickle this behaviour.

Dean