Re: [ANNOUNCE] ftape-3.04

Claus-Justus Heine (Heine@physik.rwth-aachen.de)
09 Nov 1997 23:08:52 +0100

Bud Rogers <budr@twocups.tanet.net> writes:

> Claus-Justus Heine <Heine@physik.rwth-aachen.de> writes:
>

> > I'm happy to announce the availability of ftape-3.04
>
> Excellent, Claus! Thank you for all the hard work.
>
> I've found 3.04 beta 6 to be very solid on my personal linux box. I
> was about ready to install it for testing on a pair of production
> machines.
>
> Are you getting close to the point when your ftape package can go back
> into the kernel source tree? I like having loadable modules for
> normal use, of course, but I would like to be able to build a kernel
> with built-in ftape support for disaster recovery.

Yes, the patches are ready. Once the ftape home page is accessible
again (or mirrored somewhere else) you'll be able to fetch patches for
2.0.31 and 2.1.62 from the web page.

I have already sent them out via email to Dieter Nuetzel and Andreas
Muck to let them test the patches. I intend to send them to Linus
tomorrow or on tuesday depending on how fast Dieter can test the patch
for the 2.1.62 kernel.

I think that the network problems will be fixed tomorrow. If this is
the case I'll have to upload the new version of the ftape home page to
the university site.

Any mirrors of the web page will be announced on linux-tape and
c.o.l.a.

Claus