Re: 2.0.x SCSI leaking memory? (was Re: Problems making big fs on DPT RAID)

Michael Neuffer (neuffer@trudi.zdv.Uni-Mainz.DE)
Fri, 7 Nov 1997 08:59:39 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 6 Nov 1997, Theodore Y. Ts'o wrote:
> The problem does not seem to be the size of the filesystem (I think that
> just shows the problem worse). I have 8 drives attached to the DPT: 7
> in a RAID 0 array and one by itself with the OS/swap/software.
>
> Did you say that you're seeing the problem even when you're accessing
> the one disk that's by itself?
>
> Is the RAID 0 array being done using the md device, or using hardware
> support? (Is that something the DPT card does? I'm not a SCSI jock, so
> I'm not really familiar with the various SCSI controllers out there....)

Yes, he is not using MD. The DPT does the hardware RAID transparently to
everything but the lowlevel driver.

Mike

Windows NT: n.
32-bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16-bit patch to an 8-bit
operating system originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor, written
by a 2-bit company that can't stand for 1 bit of competition.