Re: Linux on Merced

Santeri Paavolainen (santtu@satama.com)
Sun, 2 Nov 1997 14:09:54 +0200 (EET)

On Fri, 31 Oct 1997, Clayton Weaver wrote:
> Look, this Digital-Intel Alpha production contract probably has some
> significant legal service guarantees in it. If Intel drags their heels on
> production, Digital will, in all likelihood, just cut a contract with
> someone else (Motorola, IBM, whoever else can yield the chip) and file
> suit.

True.. I had a chat about Alpha production with a Digital chap in a recent
fair. He said that the Digital-Intel deal has a (10-year?) contract for
Intel to manufacture the chips for Digital. And that Digital only sold its
chip production plant, but not the Alpha itself.

But in reality, only time will tell..

Anyway, end of discussion in this mailing list. Hype elsewhere.

--
santtu@iki.fi                    I have become death, destroyer of the worlds.