Re: eject /dev/cdrom --> oops. (a better patch)

Bill Hawes (whawes@star.net)
Wed, 29 Oct 1997 22:16:19 -0500

David Woodhouse wrote:
> I'm using 2.1.59-vger-vs-972010
>
> do_mount calls add_vfsmnt, but if it then fails to read the super_block, it'll
> jump directly to dput_and_out without calling remove_vfsmnt again. This leaves
> the half-made vfsmnt entry in the table, which causes the later oops when the
> table is scanned.

Hmm, the source trees are quite different here, so I'm not sure why the
read_super is being deferred until after creating the vfsmount entry.
Your patch makes sense in that context -- it can't be good to leave a
partially completed structure.

I hope when the source trees are synced we'll get some notes on the
motivation for the changes.

Regards.
Bill