Re: A more accurate System.map, including modules

Hans Lermen (lermen@elserv.ffm.fgan.de)
Tue, 23 Sep 1997 00:01:08 +0200 (MET DST)

On Tue, 23 Sep 1997, Keith Owens wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Sep 1997 16:38:24 +0200 (MET DST),
> Hans Lermen <lermen@elserv.ffm.fgan.de> wrote:
> >On Mon, 22 Sep 1997, Keith Owens wrote:
> >> Basically the insmod -m approach is fine for static environments where
> >> you control which modules are loaded but I wanted something that would
> >> work with kerneld as well. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >AFAIK the user space kerneld uses modprobe, which uses insmod ;-)
>
> But modprobe does not support the -m flag.

Didn't you read the posting of 'hpa'? If you force insmod to always
use -m, then this works. And as some one other suggested, a small wrapper
script for insmod would even do it without patching insmod.

So, take the tools that are available. No need for new ones.

Hans
<lermen@fgan.de>