Re: OFFTOPIC: Regarding NT vs Linux

Alron Dameon-ArkMoon (alron@infinex.com)
Sun, 21 Sep 1997 04:46:27 -0700 (PDT)

> Does anyone have any reports of a Linux system with 2 CPUs running
> faster than a system with a single CPU?
>
> --

Yes, I am running a Dual P5-100 setup, I get a general performance that is
better than a single p5-100... in both Windows Nt 4.0 and Linux w/Kernal
2.0.30
In compile times in linux I totally out speed a Single p5-100 or a p5-133
and even some 166's
general performance is way better than single CPU, multiprocessing in
Linux is quite powerfull, even though it seems to be not fully imped

Windows NT has ok performance with multiple cpu's... brunt force always
works ;)
but in otherwords, I found that multiprocessor in linux ROX more than
single processer

Lord Alron Dameon-ArkMoon...
Vhampyre...
Alron@infinex.com