Re: New VGER CVS snapshot available, EXCITING!

jhohertz@golden.net
Wed, 17 Sep 1997 20:23:24 -0400

On Sep 15, 1:15pm, David S. Miller wrote:
> Subject: New VGER CVS snapshot available, EXCITING!
>-- End of excerpt from David S. Miller

Does anyone know for any snapshot for the SPARC platform that is more up to
date than the sparclinux-2.0.30.tar.gz on vger?

The pre-patches don't like the sparclinux-2.0.30 tree, even after I try to
fixup any rejects I see.

OR does anyone (linus 'n the boys?) have a directory of smaller patches, (I
really want networking stuff) so I can try folding in the pieces I need one by
one? I have a feeling that a lot of it would go in okay, but as a whole, the
prepatches applied to the sparc tree just messes up a lot of things.

By the way. Why does is a very platform independant thing like networking
different in the sparc tree.

Maybe, with rumours of a 2.0.32, the non-intel platforms could get a syncing
with the linux tree? (I can hear the groans.)

I will gladly test anything anyone has. I'd fix it myself, but I still have a
lot of learning to do.

Joe '21 year old sysadmin with no post-secondary education' Hohertz