Re: 2.0.31-pre7 mandatory lock showstopper; precompiled binary failure.

Petri Kaukasoina (kaukasoi@elektroni.ee.tut.fi)
Thu, 28 Aug 1997 08:55:59 +0300

On Wed, Aug 27, 1997 at 05:50:06PM -0400, Kristofer T. Karas wrote:
> Under 2.0.31-pre7 (not sure about pre2-pre6), the new mandatory lock
> support is breaking precompiled binaries

How do you know that the problem is the mandatory lock support?
I guess you did not switch it on (it's a mount option).

> Most notably, 'sendmail'+'procmail' is not interlocking with
> 'movemail', causing entries in /var/spool/mail/ to be truncated
> mid-message, with ensuing mail lossage.

Are you sure that procmail and movemail (and all other mail readers) are
using the same locking strategy? (flock / fcntl / dotlock files)