Re: pre7 breaks joliet || joliet breaks pre7 ?

Samuli Kaski (samkaski@cs.Helsinki.FI)
Wed, 27 Aug 1997 14:55:30 +0300 (EET DST)

On Wed, 27 Aug 1997, Kurt Huwig wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Aug 1997, Samuli Kaski wrote:
> > Am I the only one using joliet from Gordon Chaffee with 2.0.x
> > kernels? Or am I the only one who can't compile a 2.0.31-pre7
> > kernel with joliet (0.2.7) support? Well anyhow, the same patch
> > works (+compiles/links) with pre6.
>
> I'm using 2.0.31-pre7 with joliet-0.2.7. Check for '*.rej'-files after
> patching. I remember something in 'fs/buffer.c' and 'iso*.c'.
> I was mostly because some of the changes were already in the pre-7.
> You do also have to check one of the NLS-codepages to let it work
> correctly. Better 'make dep; make clean; make zlilo; ...'

Thank you both, Kurt and Mikael. I feel so ashamed for not checking
for *.rej's. Patches have worked too flawlessly for me so I didn't even
consider rejection to be an option. Well anyhow:

# find . -name '*.rej'
./fs/isofs/namei.c.rej
./fs/Makefile.rej
#

in fs/isofs/namei.c patch tried to change something that wasn't there.
fs/Makefile was the reason it didn't link, I believe. I had to add
the line

OX_OBJS = $(NLS)

manually. After that (make dep; make clean) it let me link the kernel.

--
Samuli Kaski, samkaski@cs.helsinki.fi
Department of Computer Science, University of Helsinki, Finland.