Re: pre7 breaks joliet || joliet breaks pre7 ?

Kurt Huwig (kurt@huwig.de)
Wed, 27 Aug 1997 12:23:44 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 27 Aug 1997, Samuli Kaski wrote:
> Am I the only one using joliet from Gordon Chaffee with 2.0.x
> kernels? Or am I the only one who can't compile a 2.0.31-pre7
> kernel with joliet (0.2.7) support? Well anyhow, the same patch
> works (+compiles/links) with pre6.

I'm using 2.0.31-pre7 with joliet-0.2.7. Check for '*.rej'-files after
patching. I remember something in 'fs/buffer.c' and 'iso*.c'.
I was mostly because some of the changes were already in the pre-7.
You do also have to check one of the NLS-codepages to let it work
correctly. Better 'make dep; make clean; make zlilo; ...'

Kurt

If you put a PC-formatted disk into a Macintosh, you can read it.
If you put a Mac-formatted disk into a Win95-PC, it asks you
whether it should format it.