Re: ICMP Maquerading in 2.1.x?

Sean McAdam (sean@ibasys.net)
Tue, 26 Aug 1997 17:17:27 -0400

--=====_Eudora-PGP-Plugin32063==_

At 01:59 PM 8/26/97 -0700, mumford@aimnet.com wrote:
>On Tue, 26 Aug 1997, Nigel Metheringham wrote:
>

>> sean@ibasys.net said:
>> } Are there plans to support ICMP Masquerading in the near future for
>> } the development kernel? It is a very spiffy feature!
>
>Sorry I'm not replying to your original post, I missed it...
>
>I waited around for people to answer my question in the newsgroups about
>masquerading in development kernels for almost a year, and no one answered.
>I finally found an answer in the alpha-linux mailing lists... you have to
>do this:
>
># echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forwarding
>
>to turn on IP forwarding in the dev kernels.

Done that. The forwarding is workin' fine. There is no option in the
config to turn on ICMP masquerading like there is in the production kernel.

~Sean

--
Sean@ibasys.net      @work           http://www.ibasys.net
Sean@fredcom.com     @play           http://www.fredcom.com

Chief Linux Advocate and HP9000 Systems Admin Guy

My 2 year olds answer to everything: "No!" You can learn a lot from a 2 year old....

May the farce be with you... --=====_Eudora-PGP-Plugin32063==_ Content-Type: application/pgp-signature

--=====_Eudora-PGP-Plugin32063==_--