Re: ioevent queues (was Re: Proposed new poll2() syscall)

Dean Gaudet (dgaudet-list-linux-kernel@arctic.org)
Sun, 24 Aug 1997 14:27:12 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 24 Aug 1997, Richard Gooch wrote:

> I note you have the EIOEVENTFULL error, which is fine for the case
> where the application attempts to generate I/O. What happens if you've
> set up a TCP connection to feed events into the I/O pipe?

You have to issue a read() or an accept() in order to cause those events to
even appear on the pipe. The read/accept return immediately and later on
they complete and the results appear on the pipe. So none of the problems
you mentioned happen.

Dean