Re: How to freeze 2.0.31 pre7 :(

David S. Miller (davem@jenolan.rutgers.edu)
Fri, 22 Aug 1997 17:22:40 -0400

From: alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk (Alan Cox)
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 23:13:57 +0100 (BST)

[1] and Zubkoff and a lot of others ;)

Really? Not the Zubkoff I know. ;-)

Leonard was one of the loudest voices on our I/O rewrite development
list when it was active. He was all for the generic mid-layer (which
would replace what we currently know as ll_rw_blk.c) so that we could
have it implement sceduling, or none at all, at the device driver's
option (which is essentially what you are suggesting Alan, just that
we thought that it belonged, modularized, at the queuing layer, it's
all policy stuff and belongs in no one specific driver) and stricly
order things if needed by the client end.

Later,
David "Sparc" Miller
davem@caip.rutgers.edu