Re: LILO

James Pharaoh (james@pharaoh0.demon.co.uk)
Tue, 19 Aug 1997 19:48:33 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 18 Aug 1997, James Pharaoh wrote:

> When I try and install LILO running a recent kernel (currently 2.0.31-pre6)
> it completes the installation, but when I try and boot it only gets as far
> as "LI"... My previous solution was to boot from an old kernel (pre 2.0) I
> have on a disk (still mounting the hard drive as root). This is what makes
> be believe it may be something in the kernel... I am using the latest
> versino of LILO. I can also get LILO to work by installing it on a DOS
> partition on the first drive.

I am sorry I have not made this quite clear... What I meant to say is that
LILO works when *installed* *from* the old kernel. When installed from a
new kernel it gives the problem mentioned. I know it gives the problem from
2.0.30 and 2.0.31-pre6. That is why I believed it to be a kernel problem.

James.

simeon@mymail.com \ / \ http://www.pharaoh0.demon.co.uk