Re: 2.1.51 probs

Ingo Molnar (mingo@pc7537.hil.siemens.at)
Tue, 19 Aug 1997 16:02:23 +0200 (MET DST)

On Tue, 19 Aug 1997, Marcus Berglund wrote:

> I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but in 2.1.51 (not
> 2.1.50), after loading initrd, e2fsck reports major fs errors, and debian
> gives me a prompt to fix the partition, booting back to 2.0.31-6 works ok.
>
> also 'paraport_dma' (or something similar) errors came up at the end of
> compile, reporting a problem with a '.a' file (if you need more details I
> can get them for you...

this isnt a real fix, but there is an #if 0 in parport_pc.c, change it to
#if 1 and it compiles. I guess this introduces serious breakage for
DMA parallel ports, but i do not have any ;)

after this, the kernel compiles and printing works just fine for me.

-- mingo