Re: 2.1.50 VFS: Busy inodes after unmount. Self-destruct in 5 seconds.

Chris Rogers (crogers1@stevens-tech.edu)
Mon, 18 Aug 1997 08:35:41 -0400 (EDT)

I also noticed this with 2.1.50 and use an external modem (w/ seyon). I
have not gotten an opps, but I did get the busy inodes after umount.

> On Sun, 17 Aug 1997, Edward Welbon wrote:
> >
> > I got the 0x4f oops apparently as a consequence of killing minicom while
> > upgrading firmware with zmodem (should'a used xmodem). After that, every
> > bash shell that in which I restarted minicom would 'oops'.
>
> Hmmm. I wonder if the other people that see this are also running serial
> ports or something? It might be a problem with asynchronous hangup
> operations (which do strange things to open file descriptors).
>
> Linus

Christopher Rogers Stevens Institute of Technology
Email:gandalf@pobox.com
HomePage http://stute.jacobus.stevens-tech.edu/~gandalf

It has recently been discovered that research causes cancer in rats.