Re: why multiple ext3fs partions in a single dos partition is good.

Darren Reed (darrenr@cyber.com.au)
Mon, 18 Aug 1997 11:35:26 +1000 (EST)

In some mail I received from Dave Cinege, sie wrote

> On Mon, 18 Aug 1997 10:29:40 +1000 (EST), Darren Reed wrote:
>

> >For those of us who don't run only linux, we may have 3 partitions already
> >setup for other operating systems, including DOS/Windows, with one of those
> >as an extended partition.
>
> What the hell are you talking about?
> I run DOS, 2 copies of OS/2, NT and Linux all from the same 'drive' (RAID)

Yes, and so do I but with only / for Linux. People have been saying "use
extended partitions" but that isn't always an option due to the numerous
PC limitations.

Anyway, I give up with this thread/idea now, seems too unnecessary or
challenging for too many people.

Darren
p.s. yes, I 'm sorry I brought the subject up, please don't mention it any
more!