Re: 2.1.50 VFS: Busy inodes after unmount. Self-destruct in 5 seconds.

Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com)
Sun, 17 Aug 1997 12:51:29 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 17 Aug 1997, Edward Welbon wrote:

> I got the 0x4f oops apparently as a consequence of killing minicom while
> upgrading firmware with zmodem (should'a used xmodem). After that, every
> bash shell that in which I restarted minicom would 'oops'.

Hmmm. I wonder if the other people that see this are also running serial
ports or something? It might be a problem with asynchronous hangup
operations (which do strange things to open file descriptors).

Linus