Re: 2.0.31-pre-patch-6 + Werner's latest patch

Roy C. Bixler (rcb@press.uchicago.edu)
Fri, 15 Aug 1997 16:37:55 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 15 Aug 1997, Roy C. Bixler wrote:
> Unfortunately, I have a report of my own to make. This is running
> 'bonnie' concurrently with an 'ftp' download. I have my usual X-Windows
> with Netscape and several remote logins running as well. The kernel is
> 2.0.31-pre-6 with the following additional patches:
>
> - small update to 3c509 driver
> - Ben LaHaise's buffer patch
> - Krzysztof Strasburger's buffer patch

As another data point, I find if I replace the last two patches with Gaid
Oxman's patch, I can run my test without incident.

Thanks,
Roy Bixler
The University of Chicago Press
rcb@press.uchicago.edu