Re: SMP and HP LX PRO and linux?

Dave Cinege (dcinege@psychosis.com)
Wed, 13 Aug 97 18:38:22 -0500

On Wed, 13 Aug 1997 12:43:14 -0700, Don Fisher wrote:

>Hi;
>
>Can anybody point me to information relating to the use of an HP LXPro
>to host a Linux SMP system. They will support 4 PPro 200 MHz
>processors. Any experience/knowledge of proprietary peripheral,
>controller or other problems would be appreciated.

These system boards are made by Intel under the 'code' name alda (alder?
well at least I know I'm close)

The predecessor to this series was the Xtended Xpress, which supported 4
Pentiums, and was used in HP Netserver LS units.

I've briefly used Linux SMP on the LS. My expectations are that the PPro
version should be A-OK as well. Does this unit have built in video and SCSI
like the LS? The LS has dual 7870 (Adaptec 2940W) and a cirrus logic video
chip.

http://www.psychosis.com/emc/ Elite MicroComputers 908-541-4214
http://www.psychosis.com/linux-router/ Linux Router Project