Re: Msdos name alias patch for 2.1.48

Paul H. Hargrove (hargrove@sccm.Stanford.EDU)
Fri, 8 Aug 1997 17:38:43 -0700 (PDT)

Alain.Knaff@poboxes.com writes:
[snip]
> The solution that I tried this time involves a scheme similar to the
> one outlined by the original xlate_name_char code. However, it is
> also combined with a filesystem specific name comparison function. By
> default (i.e. non-msdos), the name comparison function is memcmp; and
> for msdos it is a new function which formats names using
> msdos_format_name before comparing them.
[snip]

I hope this (or something similar) makes it into the kernel, because
when I get around to rewriting the HFS module it is going to have the
same aliasing problems.

--
Paul H. Hargrove                   All material not otherwise attributed
hargrove@sccm.stanford.edu         is the opinion of the author or a typo.