Re: LILO and kernel bootsector will not boot off an LS-120 IDE floppy.

Gadi Oxman (gadio@netvision.net.il)
Fri, 8 Aug 1997 21:13:34 +0400 (IDT)

On Fri, 8 Aug 1997, Dave Cinege wrote:

> I also have been unable to get lilo to work either.
>
> Depending on how I install lilo to the floppy I get " 01" running across
> and down the screen, or it says Boot Failed: (some garbage)
>
> Can anyone make any suggestions? I ABSOLUTELY NEED to be able to boot an
> LS-120 with linux. Point me in the right direction and I'll start hacking.

You mentioned that the Debian 1.3 boot disk is bootable with the LS-120.
That boot disk is using the SYSLINUX loader by H. Peter Anvin, which is
available at:

ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/system/boot/syslx130.zip

Gadi