Re: Pentium emulation

linux kernel account (linker@nightshade.ml.org)
Sat, 26 Jul 1997 22:55:04 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 26 Jul 1997, Kevin M. Bealer wrote:

> As far as I can see, you don't even need kernel support. You would
> need to modify "ld.so" and you would need to link them differently
> during the compilation. The real problem comes when you want to
> distribute software -- anyone who makes these fat binaries needs to
> have access to lots of different architectures.

Only to test it.. GCC can cross compile just fine.. Under NeXT I feel
secure that it will work.. The only limit I see on linux is that maby some
apps aren't 64bit clean.. Maby the linker also needs to be changed so that
we dont have to have the libs for all platforms we link to.. Maby just a
'map' file would do in their place..

So.. Anyone else want this? :)