RE: Linux-2.1.45 - the Weasel is back / insmodding some modules...

Fri, 18 Jul 97 17:39:07 +1100

>The other thing, which is more bad to me:

>doing an "depmod -a" leads to:

>/lib/modules/2.1.45/misc/msdos.o: unresolved symbol(s)
>/lib/modules/2.1.45/misc/minix.o: unresolved symbol(s)
>/lib/modules/2.1.45/misc/isofs.o: unresolved symbol(s)
>/lib/modules/2.1.45/misc/fat.o: unresolved symbol(s)

>Therefore I cannot use msdos/minix/isofs(CDROM) and fat filesystems.....

Put the following 3 lines in kernel/ksyms.c and your modules should be
able to resolve all symbols. When I fixed this on my system I didn't put
them in ksyms.c so I can't personally verify that this works, but it's in
another patch that was posted here so it should work.

EXPORT_SYMBOL(__mark_inode_dirty);
EXPORT_SYMBOL(d_move);
EXPORT_SYMBOL(d_instantiate);

That patch made iso9660 work well for me (I haven't tested it
strenuously, but nothing's gone wrong with it yet). Minix gave a number of
errors including returning the fron fs_type (causing df to not work), and
then causing any process which tried to access/umount the file system to
segv.
The klogd output indicates that there was a negative d_count and kernel
NULL pointer de-references. I haven't done any work on tracking these
oops's down because I can't get ksymoops to compile (header file problems).

I haven't tested fat or ncpfs.

Russell Coker