Re: Device driver to access PCI configuration space.

James Mastros (abszero@epix.net)
Fri, 04 Jul 1997 21:39:30 -0400

Man... I keep hitting reply to sender instead of reply to all... At least
it isn't the other way around <G>!

At 05:36 PM 7/4/97 -0700, you wrote:

> Hello All, Motion seconded....
>
>On Fri, 4 Jul 1997, David Howells wrote:
>> Of course, you could always extend a configuration manager to help do the
>> work... *grin*
>>
>> David Howells
>>
> Tia, JimL

I should think that the configuration manager should use the /dev/pci
device, rather than doing direct support for it. Interfacing with hardware
setup just seems to me to be something that should logically be part of the
OS. In any case, the configuration manager have to effectively write an
equivalent device driver anyway, wouldn't it? Of course, the CM wouldn't
have to have a published interface, so it wouldn't have to look nice, but...

Anyway, "Motion seconded" sounds to much like "Me Too" to me.

-=- James Mastros