Re: > 1GB physical on x86: Summary so far

Matthias Urlichs (smurf@noris.de)
Thu, 3 Jul 1997 23:51:07 +0200 (Funky)

Hi,

Alan Cox wrote:

>> On the other hand, I'd be surprised to see a mainboard that supports even
>> 1 GByte of memory reliably... most max out at 512 these days, and their
>The onboard cache on the P6 caches the full 36bits in the 256 or 512K
>L2 cache. The PentiumII I believe is the same. You can build a 4Gbyte

OK, OK, I should have said "Pentium mainboard". Sorry about that.

I tend to forget that Intel makes P6/PIIs -- after all, if you want
something reasonable, get an Alpha. ;-)

(Whether the makers of P6/PII mainboards have in fcat thested their beasts
with more than 512 M is another question...)

--
May you be so endowed no one envies you.