Re: linux-kernel-digest V1 #965

Matti Aarnio (matti.aarnio@tele.fi)
Sun, 29 Jun 1997 05:05:56 +0300 (EET DST)

> What wrong with the linux-kernel-digest mailing list, I got a copy
> of this for every hours or so for the past 2 days, anyone else
> see this problem??

Hadn't heard of it, but could you send the headers of
several of such duplicated digests to me, or to David
Miller <davem@caip.rutgers.edu> ?

The important part of the message headers we are interested
in are the "Received:" headers, which tell about the traversal
of the message, and very likely also the duplication point.

You say "every hour or so" ? It feels like some system is
trying to send a copy to you, but it does not get back an
acknowledgement that the receiving system has received the
message successfully, and thus it can't do otherwise, than
retry. The time-limit on retries is usually about 3 days,
after which you will not get the copy of that digest, but
you sure could get other mails duplicated..

> Thanks,
> Kuang

/Matti Aarnio <mea@nic.funet.fi> <matti.aarnio@tele.fi>
Linux mailinglist distribution support team member