Re: Support for 3c905 network card.

Joel Philip Jaeggli (joelja@darkwing.uoregon.edu)
Wed, 25 Jun 1997 09:11:54 -0700 (PDT)

A 3com "boomerang" driver is available at:

http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/vortex.html

The version in a recent kernel (say 2.0.30) was .25 from around 5/17/96
the current one v.41 is 6/16/97.

I've witnessed sort of erratic performance in 100baset, but it should work
fine as a replacement for a 3c503...

joelja

On Wed, 25 Jun 1997, Chia Yew Lee wrote:

> Hi,
> I just found out that linux does not support 3c905 network card.
> I got this as a replacement for a 3c503.
>
> Can I know will it be supported? If it will be, when?
>
> Thank you. :)
>
> ======================== ALWAYS WITH YOU ON THE NET =========================
> ß Feel free to email to me anytime, anywhere, any topic µ
> ß that you would like to discuss with me. µ
> ß µ
> ß \O_ CHIA YEW LEE (XIE YOULI) _O/ µ
> ß l CHIAYEWL@ISCS.NUS.SG / ISC50139@NUS.SG / YOULI@POBOX.ORG.SG l µ
> ß < \ HTTP://WWW.ISCS.NUS.SG/~CHIAYEWL / > µ

Joel Jaeggli joelja@darkwing.uoregon.edu
Academic User Services consult@oregon.uoregon.edu
ANTC & NSRC joelja@ns.uoregon.edu
"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!], `Pray,
Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right
answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of
confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
-- Charles Babbage