Re: Linux hangs when keyboard is not connected [solved]

Pavel Machek (pavel@Elf.mj.gts.cz)
Sun, 22 Jun 1997 22:06:19 +0200

> > On Wed, 18 Jun 1997, Pavel Machek wrote:
> >
> > > With 2.1.43 (not tested earlier versions), linux configured to use
> >
> > I don't know if this is current enough to be relevant, but it does not happen
> > with 2.0.27. I have a 386 w/out video or keyboard and it functions fine
> > (except that my Ethernet card is crap, but that's another matter.)
>
> Now I did some more tests. It happens with 2.1.43 (2.1.42 is ok) only,
> and only if you want system boot up num lock. If not, it will hang on
> first setleds.

I was a bit wrong. It would hang on bootup or first setleds, when
certain type of keyboard controller is installed.

Problem is in keyboard_interrupt waiting forever. It was solved (mj
debugged it over phone).

I'm really pavel@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz. 	   Pavel
Look at http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/ ;-).