Re: rescan scsi

Rogier Wolff (R.E.Wolff@bitwizard.nl)
Sun, 22 Jun 1997 09:00:22 +0200 (MET DST)

Dave Cinege wrote:
> It will be unhappy, but not unhealthily. Take some TTL and tie a high output
> to a low output, and what do you get? About 1.5 volts, a float, with an
> indeterminate interpretation by any logic on the other end.

In pracitise, TTL specs may say something about a short. I don't think
so. I think that according to the rules you fry the chip trying to
give the "high" signal. Whomever makes your TTL chips has the right to
abide by the specs and design the chips in such a way that indeed they
will fry after anything from microseconds to hours.

> Leave them connected for awhile and maybe they will fry. But from out of
> phase pulses? Nothing will happen.

Roger.