Re: rescan scsi

Harald Milz (hm@seneca.muc.de)
Sat, 21 Jun 1997 21:49:00 +0200

Dave Cinege (dcinege@psychosis.com) wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Jun 1997 11:10:04 +0200 (MET DST), Rogier Wolff wrote:
> >You are running more than a WATT of power to the terminator.
> >Disconnecting that might cause inductance to generate voltages that
> >are much too high for computer components.

Not really. We are talking about resistors here, not about inductors or
capacitors.

> Uhhhhuuumm. How do pull down resistors build up are charge?

SCSI terminators were never simply pull down. Passive terminators have a
pull-down and a pull-up. Active terminators feed a regulated voltage
through a single resistor.

--
Without ice cream life and fame are meaningless.