Re: Linux hangs when keyboard is not connected

Pavel Machek (pavel@Elf.mj.gts.cz)
Sat, 21 Jun 1997 12:29:42 +0200

> On Wed, 18 Jun 1997, Pavel Machek wrote:
>
> > With 2.1.43 (not tested earlier versions), linux configured to use
>
> I don't know if this is current enough to be relevant, but it does not happen
> with 2.0.27. I have a 386 w/out video or keyboard and it functions fine
> (except that my Ethernet card is crap, but that's another matter.)

Now I did some more tests. It happens with 2.1.43 (2.1.42 is ok) only,
and only if you want system boot up num lock. If not, it will hang on
first setleds.

Boot your system, type sleep 5; setleds +num; ls<enter> and remove
keyboard. 2.1.43 hangs, 2.1.42 does not. (Please someone repeat it -
but happened on two machines).

> > virtual terminals will not boot when keyboard is not connected at boot
> > time. It will wait after serial initializations, waiting.

Pavel

I'm really pavel@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz. 	   Pavel
Look at http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/ ;-).