Re: Kernel-Messages translation

Rauli Ruohonen (raulir@fishy.sci.fi)
Sat, 21 Jun 1997 13:38:57 +0300

On Jun 06, 1997 at 02:40:13PM, Rafal Maszkowski wrote:
> 4. The translation should be available as compiled-in and as a standalone
> kernel module. It can't be a user space program because it won't work
> during the kernel startup.

Now I got a little bit wild idea: What if klogd would be loaded when the
kernel starts? LILO could be extended to load it somewhere, and kernel would
start it and pass all messages to it 8-)

--
The chat program is in public domain. This is not the GNU public license.
If it breaks then you get to keep both pieces.