Re: Linux hangs when keyboard is not connected

W. Reilly Cooley (wcooley@navi.net)
Fri, 20 Jun 1997 15:38:01 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 18 Jun 1997, Pavel Machek wrote:

> With 2.1.43 (not tested earlier versions), linux configured to use

I don't know if this is current enough to be relevant, but it does not happen
with 2.0.27. I have a 386 w/out video or keyboard and it functions fine
(except that my Ethernet card is crap, but that's another matter.)

> virtual terminals will not boot when keyboard is not connected at boot
> time. It will wait after serial initializations, waiting.
>
> When keyboard is connected, linux continues booting and boots
> normally. Note, that keyboard can be disconnected at run-time and
> connected at run-time without any ill effects...
>
> [It bugs me,as I have two computers and only one keyboard...]

Wil

W. Reilly Cooley
                NakedApe Consulting & Navi.Net representative
1509 NE 10th Ave., #104                    Portland, OR 97232
503 287-2165                                 wcooley@navi.net
www.navi.net/~wcooley                  www.navi.net/~nakedape