Re: rescan scsi

Gerald Britton (gbritton@nih.gov)
Fri, 20 Jun 1997 13:13:00 -0400 (EDT)

#2 is the reason why people say not to hotadd stuff... this in general
goes for any componant.. including parallel ports etc.. i've never run
into a problem with this before. There are HotSwap scsi busses which have
trays with connectos to provide safe insertion into a running system..
i've hot inserted devices into this type of system with no problem. I
have also inserted devices into non-hotswap systems without problem. one
thing you might run into hot swapping scsi is termination.. you'll need to
remove the terminator to add a new device.. do this quickly, as the scsi
device will likely give errors during this period.. it _usually_ won't be
a problem, but it might be.

--
Gerald Britton
gbritton@nih.gov