Re: Kernel-Messages translation

Evan Jeffrey (ejeffrey@eliot213.wuh.wustl.edu)
Thu, 19 Jun 1997 14:44:16 -0500

>At 01:45 AM 6/19/97 -0400, you wrote:
>

>Alternatively you can just define what language you want, say like
>-DENGLISH, and at bootup it would check for the define ENGLISH, and if it
>found it, english.h would be included. The message would be
>printk(CORRUPT_FS);, and in english.h or whatever CORRUPT_FS would be 'The
>Filesystem is corrupted', which is a complete pain in the butt.. learn
>english :)

And then you end up with yet another large file that every single target in
the kernel tree depends upon. So if you get a patch that changes one
printk, you have to recompile the whole kernel. No thanks.

===
Evan Jeffrey
erjeffre@artsci.wustl.edu

Let us go. Let us leave this festering hell hole. Let us think the
unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the
ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.
--Dirk Gently