Re: Kernel-Messages translation (fwd)

Klaus Lichtenwalder (Klaus.Lichtenwalder@WebForum.DE)
Wed, 18 Jun 1997 11:01:17 +0100 (WET DST)

On 18 Jun 1997, Dominik Kubla wrote:

> torvalds@transmeta.com (Linus Torvalds) writes:
>
> > I've seen computers in Finland that had Finnish or Swedish error
> > messages, and I personally always hated them intensely.
>
> Especially when some idiot does translate well accepted english terms
> into a different language just for the fun of it.

Or better still, just plain wrong, as does AIX.
They translate (e.g.) "the job could not complete *since* it has been
put into the queue" get's translated as if it read "the job could not
complete *because* it has been put into the queue" ...

Go figure...
Klaus
Klaus Lichtenwalder, Dipl. Inform., PGP Key: email to key@Four11.com
Lichtenwalder@ACM.org, http://www.wp.com/Klaus, fax: +49-89-91072699