Booting Red hat Linux 4.1 trying to INSTALL it on AJP 62-200 LapTop ? [Anybody]

Pilgrim, Peter (peter.pilgrim@it.newsint.co.uk)
Mon, 16 Jun 1997 10:33:39 +0100

I manage to find this mailing list. Basically I having problems booting
the boot disk of Linux on my LapTop in process of installation Linux.
I have tried various varieties Red Hat 4.1, 4.0, Slackware 96, Drop In
Linux. The last three of these Linuses came of the InfoMagic Developers
Resource December 1996 CD ROM.

I am at my wits end. Is there some diagnostics that I can do:-

I have tried.

$ ramdisk hd=4188,16,63 debug no-hlt reserve=0xec600,0x0FFF
// From the pci diagnostic below
$ ramdisk hd=4188,16,63 debug no-hlt reserve=0xE0000,0xEFFFF
// Windows 95 system says Memory 0xe0000- 0xeFFFF System Board
$ ramdisk pci=noprobe debug
// pci=noprobe - a wild guess on my part
$ linux debug
$ rescue debug

Looked the Linux Lap Top Home Page for answers.

The general advice I have read in LDP is to pull any out cards to try to
find the conflicting
hardware problem, but this is not possible on a LapTop.

I reached the end ... but I refuse to loose, there must be a way!!!!!

> From `comp.os.linux.setup'
> In article <865957558.12764@dejanews.com>,
> Peter.Pilgrim@it.newsint.co.uk wrote:
> >
> > Sorry it got posted to the wrong news group
> > Dejanews does not recognise comp.os.linux.help for some reason.
> >
> > I am a systems developer normally using Solaris 2.4 etc
> >
> > I just bought a Win95 laptop computer [British, London
> > made AJP 62-200M]. Does anyone have success installing Red Hat
> > Linux 4.1 on an AJP machine or similar. Maybe there is another
> > person in the UK who has done this already.
> > The Red Hat Linux came on the May 1997 edition of
> > Personal Computer World Magazine.
> >
> > I made the boot disk with RAWRITE.EXE with \images\boot.img
> > and restarted by computer and type return at the `boot:'
> > prompt and let the LILO boot up. The final message I got
> > happens to be :-
> >
> > LILO ...
> >
> > uncompressing linux ... done
> > now booting kernel
> > console: 16 point foint font, 400 scans
> > console: colour VGA + 80x25 1 x virtual console (max 63)
> > pcibios_init: BIOS 32 Service Directory Structure at 0x000ec050
> > pcibios_init: BIOS 32 Service Directory entry at 0xee600
> > pcibios_init: PCI BIOS Revision 2.10 at entry 0xee63e
> > probing PCI hardware.
> > warning: Unknown PCI device (1039:4107) Please read
> include/linux/pci.h
(The computer hangs up here )