Re: Will there be support for the i430TX chipset in linux ?

Mr. James W. Laferriere Network Engineer (babydr@nwrain.net)
Sat, 14 Jun 1997 13:16:21 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Raymond, et-al.

On Sun, 15 Jun 1997, Raymond Causton wrote:
> Hello !
> I've got myself an Asus TX97-E MB and when Linux (2.0.21) boots up
> it tells me that there are Unknown PCI Devises/Bridges... It seems that
> it just can't figure out the PCI Bridge / Busmaster EIDE controller on board.
> Everything seems to work ok though.
>
> All I'd like to know is, Is somewhere out there patches to identify the 430TX
> chipset for Linux 2.0.x ? Or perhaps for 2.1.x ? Anyone ?

The maintainer for /usr/src/linux/include/linux/pci.h
Is supposed to be putting out a patch for most of these items
soon. But, the last message from him only concerned the 2.1.x
series kernel tree .

This is a direct request for getting that patch ported into
the 2.0.x tree (hopefully into 2.0.31) -PLEASE- .

Hth, JimL
| James W. Laferriere - Network Engineer - babydr@nwrain.net |
| System Techniques - 25416 - 22nd S. - Kent, WA 98032 |
| Give me VMS -or- Give me Linux -but- only on AXP |
|-> Linux-Vax Port, Still in Progress . IE: No Progress To Report ;-) <-|